Home Page

Sports News

In the last week we have had three events to report on:

The Tag Rugby Mini Youth Games, Year 3 and 4 Quick Sticks Hockey and Night of Champions Hockey finals.

The rugby report is currently being written by our DigiLeaders and will be ready very soon.

Last week 6 of our youngest hockey players went to the Year 3 and 4 Medway Schools Games Quicksticks event. It was at Anchorians Hockey Club and there were 13 other schools playing. In our first game we scored within 15 seconds of the whistle and carried on in that form to win comfortably. Much tougher games followed and we eventually finished 2nd in our group having lost one and drawn a couple with another win. We made it into the top group for the afternoon games where all the games were tough, here we lost four and drew one but the losses were never more than 2 goals. A super day out watching and supporting the future hockey starts of Miers Court.


The other hockey event was also played at Anchorians Hockey club and was for the older team (mostly) who qualified for this event back at the Hockey Mini Youth Games.

We qualified in 7th position back at the MYG, Night of Champions is then a knockout final. The team got into its stride immediately frustrating Lordswood's tactics and winning 5-0 to put us in the semi-finals. Our semi-final was against Warren Wood who we lost to at MYG. This time though the tables were turned by some positive and dynamic play from the whole team and we won this 1-0 with a goal from a penalty corner.

On to the final and against old adversaries, Cliffe Woods. Honours were pretty much even with them over our previous meetings and so it proved this time. In the first half both teams struggled to break down each other's defences with hardly even a shot taken. The pressure built in the second half but yet neither team could score so we went to extra time. Still no score with both sides defending doggedly, Cliffe Woods had a scoring chance which our defence broke down, Liam saved on the line, then instantly turned into attack sending the ball up the right wing. After a couple of interceptions Max picked the ball up in the middle, pushed and ran past the final defender and slotted the ball home to be rewarded a moment later by hearing the final hooter. What a game!

Well done to all the players and special thanks to Roger Pope for helping out at every hockey event we have played at.